Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The free photo editor called Gimp

I recently downloaded Gimp 2.6.11 and I am still trying to get the hang of it. I'm no photographer and my creativity is just 30% of my whole being so getting a photo editing tool was very spontaneous. So as the small notification window popped up on my screen telling me that Gimp was successfully installed and a box with a check inside it saying "Start Gimp", I held my breath and watched as the entire Gimp interface open up in front of me. Gulp! Weird and unrecognizable icons! I don't know how to work this thing! I thought it would just be as simple as working in Picnik! Well, 2 months has passed but still I am no Gimp expert, I am now able to do basic editing stuff though thanks to tutorials found everywhere online.

I am still learning. Let me share to you some pictures that I was able to edit with Gimp though.

Scattered Effect
Before
photo credit by Maxi del Campo
After
photo credit by Maxi del Campo

 Tear-up Photo in Half

Before
photo credit by Christophe Kiciak

After
photo credit by Christophe Kiciak

No comments:

Post a Comment